mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
My coat, hello?
I made up a notice and posted one in the staff break room and I gave a copy to my immediate boss (the other one, the one who gets things done). I was going to give a copy to the overall boss, but my immediate boss got there first.
Here's a copy of what I made up as an A4 poster:
One of the provisions of the new hours is that those on the afternoon shift "may be required to work longer if the work is not complete". Yesterday I left about 23h10 because my mother was waiting. It turns out that many were there until gone 00h30!
Oh, and as for night shift... there isn't any. That's been done away with. So I'm thinking that their "too many at one time" excuse is not washing, as there are a greater number of people already - some of the night shift workers. Is it my perception, or is this company facing problems, perhaps as a result of the recent, how shall we say, less than boyant global financial situation?
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Caoimhe trolling me? YOU TWAT! Leclerc, what the hell? Soon, soon. Mowing. Potatoes. (2021/05/07)
- Freaky electrics, That parcel, Seeds, Why I won't use plastic sheeting, Lunch? (2021/05/02)
- Potato experiment, Full Super Moon, ESP32-CAM silliness, Writing and CD ripping. (2021/04/27)
- I got up late (cat food), Battery soldering iron teardown, Stupid Amazon prices. (2021/04/25)
- The post has just arrived, An easy weekend, A free bin, Distance, Winning the lottery, Vaccination, ESP32-CAM power, RISC OS show, Future of RISC OS. (2021/04/24)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 23:59 on 2021/05/08.
© 2008 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.