mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
I know about 45,592 words!
Dictionary.com has a word test thing. I tried it at college level, and got 9/10 words (admittedly, one was a correct process of elimination). Thus:
Mom got 10/10 (so knows a mere 50K words ☺).
You can try the test yourself at http://dynamo.dictionary.com/placement/level (needs scripting); post the results in the comments below!
While Big Liz looked fed up at the end, and Prince Philip seemed to be having a blast, I think the out and out beyond-the-call-of-duty are the guys who stood atop the symphony boat, singing for hours, in what might be the most objectionable weather you could expect in June...
...but, hey, Britain is famed for its rain.
[watch a BBC video of the finale]
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|Rob, 5th June 2012, 14:30|
Hmm. Ran it three times - each one had at least one word that I wasn't quite sure about, ummed-and-ahhed between two options and generally picked the wrong one! So, yup, 9/10. Fun stuff; Thanks for that!
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Work woes, Holidays are coming, Storm Aurore, A hedgehog in the garden, Pumpkin, An interesting winter for sci-fi fans. (2021/10/24)
- Super-speed car oil change, Not enough WTF in the world, No rest for the wicked. (2021/10/14)
- A new British Passport, Working Saturday, Oops? You didn't mean to land there, did you? Feeling good and an unexpected trip into Big Town, My new strimmer, A note of sadness, Legitimate salvage. (2021/10/10)
- Superheroes, Halogen cooker and chips. (2021/10/02)
- The Brexit Benefits just keep on coming. (2021/09/28)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 19:37 on 2021/10/26.
© 2012 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.