mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
Playmobil Advent Calendar - Day Sixteen
What, no birthday?
While I am another year older today (pfoof! just like that!), I will be celebrating it on the 16th of June. For those who sent cards, don't worry, I will keep them safe until then. Special mention to "Ha Pea Birthday" - you'll have to wait six months to find out what that's about. ☺
To understand why I have made this decision, here is my brief explanation (in French) posted to Facebook for all the girls who wanted to know where there sweeties were. I think half the girls think I'm nuts...and the rest just think I'm nuts(*). ☺
* - except for one or two who appear to have taken this extraordinarily literally and think I'm actually trying to change my date of birth, and wonder if such a thing is even possible. OMG, if that was actually possible, I won't change my date, I'd change my age. I'd happily be twelve (or so) again. I mean, mobile phones that can store a shedload of video, the internet for every song I could ever want, powerful computers that'll fit inside a cigar box, loads of fansub animé, video-enabled drones??? The eighties were cool and I'm glad I learned from the venerable BBC Micro...but wow, the stuff available these days. I'd fail every single one of my exams but I'd know all the words to obscure Kalafina songs. Sometimes I wonder if that mightn't be a more useful skill than a B in advanced level GCSE Physics... (and a D in Motor Mechanics because I wasn't one of the 'preferred' petrolheads; I know all about how the engine works, but it was a choice of that or history, so I took MM and dossed around a lot while successfully stripping and restoring a Suffolk Colt lawnmower that I rescued from a tip (so shove that stupid D where the exhaust fumes come out, nerr))
Ah, this takes me back. To evenings when I was fifteen, and wasn't in front of a computer, I was messing with getting the carburettor aligned just right. It was an interesting design where the float valve raised and lowered a needle connected to the fuel line, so it was self-regulating. Skip to 1m10s for the good stuff.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|David Pilling, 17th December 2015, 22:18|
It's common to have two birthdays, The Queen, my grandmother, anyone who is born in December. I've used a Suffolk Punch, many happy hours trying to get it to start, I consider myself lucky to have survived - customised, bits spinning around. Happy Birthday...
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Gardening, C1 battery problem, Speakers, Mick... (2021/05/09)
- Caoimhe trolling me? YOU TWAT! Leclerc, what the hell? Soon, soon. Mowing. Potatoes. (2021/05/07)
- Freaky electrics, That parcel, Seeds, Why I won't use plastic sheeting, Lunch? (2021/05/02)
- Potato experiment, Full Super Moon, ESP32-CAM silliness, Writing and CD ripping. (2021/04/27)
- I got up late (cat food), Battery soldering iron teardown, Stupid Amazon prices. (2021/04/25)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 00:34 on 2021/05/10.
© 2015 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.