mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
Day twenty one
It's a bigger window today.
Winter fuel allowance for ex-pats in France?
The Daily Telegraph ran an article with the headline and subhead:
Pensioners living in France miss out on payment after officials 'manipulate' calculations
Thousands miss out on winter fuel allowance after Department for Work and Pensions includes Caribbean and Indian Ocean islands to calculate 'average' temperature of France
Nice to see that the British press have finally caught up with this - my mother told me a year ago and I wrote an article about it (complete with some colourful language) on 2nd January.
Still, better late than never, I guess.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Caoimhe trolling me? YOU TWAT! Leclerc, what the hell? Soon, soon. Mowing. Potatoes. (2021/05/07)
- Freaky electrics, That parcel, Seeds, Why I won't use plastic sheeting, Lunch? (2021/05/02)
- Potato experiment, Full Super Moon, ESP32-CAM silliness, Writing and CD ripping. (2021/04/27)
- I got up late (cat food), Battery soldering iron teardown, Stupid Amazon prices. (2021/04/25)
- The post has just arrived, An easy weekend, A free bin, Distance, Winning the lottery, Vaccination, ESP32-CAM power, RISC OS show, Future of RISC OS. (2021/04/24)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 00:36 on 2021/05/09.
© 2014 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.