mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
How to install RISC OS on a RaspberryPi
Installing RISC OS on a RaspberryPi is simple.
You'll need five things:
- A Windows computer (others can be used, but you're on your own)
- The RISC OS image - http://www.raspberrypi.org/ ... click on Downloads
- A RaspberryPi
- Win32DiskImager - http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
- A 2GiB SD card (it must be 2 gigabytes)
The video tutorial below will explain how to install RISC OS, and also how to set it up to be useful if you don't have an HD monitor but are stuck with composite video.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|Bryn Evans, 28th December 2012, 17:29|
Just read your answers to the riscos newby in the Rool forum. Well explained - As an Acorn nut from 1983 I think your explanations are very apt and succinct.
|Rick, 1st January 2013, 16:49|
English language subtitles are now available.
If anybody would be interested in providing subtitles in their own language (French, German, Dutch, etc); I have put the original subtitle file at http://www.heyrick.co.uk/random/riscos-raspberrypi.srt for you to use as a template, especially with respect to the timings.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Work woes, Holidays are coming, Storm Aurore, A hedgehog in the garden, Pumpkin, An interesting winter for sci-fi fans. (2021/10/24)
- Super-speed car oil change, Not enough WTF in the world, No rest for the wicked. (2021/10/14)
- A new British Passport, Working Saturday, Oops? You didn't mean to land there, did you? Feeling good and an unexpected trip into Big Town, My new strimmer, A note of sadness, Legitimate salvage. (2021/10/10)
- Superheroes, Halogen cooker and chips. (2021/10/02)
- The Brexit Benefits just keep on coming. (2021/09/28)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 21:10 on 2021/10/26.
© 2012 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.