mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
I found a nice looking recipe for how to make a sponge cake in a breadmaker. It seemed all good and correct.
Here I am preparing it:
We couldn't get decent lemon rind, it was like eating plastic. So we tossed that away and threw in an Earl Grey teabag instead.
Time passed. A lot of time. 60-90 minutes? Try three hours! The breadmaker spent a good while mixing. When it was done, it was done, only...
It tasted good, but on the whole it was an unmitigated failure!
Note the 'gash' on the right of the centre. This was because the dough rose/baked differently around the mixing blade. As for the cake being more 'dense', hahaha!
Lesson? Don't try to bake a sponge cake in a breadmaker!
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Why I don't program for a living. (2022/08/11)
- USB MIDI for RISC OS. (2022/08/09)
- Archie - it's finally over, I went to Craon yesterday, The psychology of fleas, Vacuuming the concrete outside, Repainting the windows. (2022/08/07)
- It's the economy stupid, EDF and consent, Being nannyed by Google, Tidying up, Storms, Heat and bugs, More tidying up, Haircut. (2022/08/05)
- Yet more heat, Shrinkflation, Washing, Swallowtail caterpillar, Rees-Mogg was wrong and the folly of Brexit. (2022/08/03)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 14:55 on 2022/08/14.
© 2009 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.