mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
Here comes the winter
Winter usually arrives on the tail end of a storm or two. It had been in the 20s by day, and 16-17°C at night.
Then came heavy rain, and days struggling to get too much beyond 14°C with nights plummetting to the lower end of single digits.
I walk across a field to feed the cats, and the grass crunched under my feet, so we've had a mild frost as well.
But this, this was the first decent rain we've had in a while, and it comes complete with winds. You'll be pleased to know the ADSL kept on going! ☺ That's more than I could say for the old BT line in England that used to flake out in heavy rain.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|Jess, 8th November 2009, 14:20
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Why I don't program for a living. (2022/08/11)
- USB MIDI for RISC OS. (2022/08/09)
- Archie - it's finally over, I went to Craon yesterday, The psychology of fleas, Vacuuming the concrete outside, Repainting the windows. (2022/08/07)
- It's the economy stupid, EDF and consent, Being nannyed by Google, Tidying up, Storms, Heat and bugs, More tidying up, Haircut. (2022/08/05)
- Yet more heat, Shrinkflation, Washing, Swallowtail caterpillar, Rees-Mogg was wrong and the folly of Brexit. (2022/08/03)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 13:52 on 2022/08/14.
© 2009 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.