mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
I received a letter today from the ANPE (Agence National Pour l'Emploi - sort of like the Jobcentre). It was advising me of my rendez-vous and test with the ADECCO (no idea what that means, but notice they put too many 'C's in it!) on the 2nd.
Letter dated the 1st, envelope postmarked 2nd, arrived here on the 4th. Sometimes you can only shrug and say "Shit happens", because there is no other explanation that makes sense.
Today's word is incompetent (in-com-peh-tent). This means bumbling, inept, and as a certain politician said "not fit for purpose".
The Dilbert books demonstrated the art of incompetence. I have a sneaking suspicion that many of you will consider your boss to be incompetent, unless you are self-employed, in which case you can only blame yourself (that's the downside to self-employment).
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Freaky electrics, That parcel, Seeds, Why I won't use plastic sheeting, Lunch? (2021/05/02)
- Potato experiment, Full Super Moon, ESP32-CAM silliness, Writing and CD ripping. (2021/04/27)
- I got up late (cat food), Battery soldering iron teardown, Stupid Amazon prices. (2021/04/25)
- The post has just arrived, An easy weekend, A free bin, Distance, Winning the lottery, Vaccination, ESP32-CAM power, RISC OS show, Future of RISC OS. (2021/04/24)
- A pleasant day, ESP32-CAM examples and settings. (2021/04/18)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 02:40 on 2021/05/06.
© 2008 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.