Foxy is a utility for !Voyager which puts a toolbar on the screen.
By default this toolbar is grey and unobtrusive (as on the left). However
when the mouse passes over it, it pops up and becomes 'alive' (as on the
<-- Greyed out
<-- Alive (mouse over)
It provides (toolbar functions, top down):
- Open Voyager's dial log.
- Work out the cost of calling the Internet, with options to print a
summary (roughly as seen in the window) or an itemised list where
everything is costed.
Call coster window
- Application to convert HTML to ASCII text with some attempt made to
preserve the formatting of the text (ie, centred in the centre and
Interface to the HTML-to-text convertor.
- Remove unwanted URLs from Fresco's history file.
- Display information on which blockdriver versions you have, and what
serial settings Voyager is using.
- Sign and/or encrypt files using PGP.
(you'll need to have the RiscOS port of PGP installed)
- The packager archives files and/or directories using Spark or SparkFS.
A future version will also include InfoZIP support.
- News compactor will compact all the NewsAgent articles into a
collection of files approximately 1.4Mb long, which archive much more
quickly than thousands of tiny files.
Also can run NewsAgent without debatching, and invoke my
- Directory opener allows easy access to up to eight directories. Each
directory can have a tag, so if "...!Voyager.Apps.News" is
complicated then you can call it "News (incoming)".
- The "X" quits !Foxy.
When Foxy is busy, an animated status (optional) pops up
Foxy is configurable
Software name : Foxy
Latest version : 1.20
Archive size : 94405 bytes
Classification : Freeware
Registration cost : None
RISC OS 2 compatible : No
RISC OS 3 compatible : Yes
WIMP 3.98 compatible : Yes
RISC OS 4 compatible : Untested, should work okay
Written in : BASIC and in-line assembler;
HTML decoder written in C, compiled with Norcroft C 4
Libraries : HTML decoder - uses Norcroft standard C libraries
Foxy v1.20 normal distribution.|
FOXY IS A VIXEN - drop it onto the VIX manager to install it.
This software requires RISC OS running on the ARM chipset
If your computer is different, don't bother downloading this software!
Return to index
Copyright © 1999 Richard Murray