mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
You are not reading my b.log using HTTPS. You can switch to HTTPS by clicking here.
Brexit and sanity
England, what have you done?
Was being a part of the EU really so bad that you would risk so much just for the chance to "control" immigration?
- Leaving the EU is not a magic fix for immigration.
- Leaving the EU is not a magic fix for the NHS - and if Johnson & Gove are pushed into signing America's TTIP in order to have trade agreements with the US, you can pretty much kiss the NHS goodbye. As well as handing a big chunk of this precious sovereignty to American lawyers.
- If Brexit is supposed to be good for the economy... well, turn on the TV and tell me how well the economy is doing right now.
- Already Northern Ireland and Scotland have stated that they will remain a part of the EU. Will there be a United Kingdom in a decade?
Hit Refresh a couple of times. It's getting thousands of signatures per minute. Including myself and my mother. We might have been denied the right to vote in the referendum itself, but we still have a voice. If you are one of nearly half the country who do not want to see this take place, let yourself be heard too.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|VinceH, 25th June 2016, 20:39|
I find that petition amusing.
Not in a critical way, but because I said on Twitter, *as a joke*, at about 7:25 Friday morning that we should probably have a second referendum to double check and give people time to change their minds - and since then, there have been numerous reports of people wishing they'd voted remain instead of stay.
I wonder if the number of people signing it will reach somewhere in the region of, say, 17,410,742. That'll be quite funny.
|VinceH, 25th June 2016, 21:31|
D'oh. I meant "remain instead of leave" obviously!
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- A pleasant day, ESP32-CAM examples and settings. (2021/04/18)
- Waste treatment audit, Potatoes and flowers, Starting Marte, Polly Scattergood. (2021/04/16)
- This weekend, ESP32-CAM again, Games. (2021/04/11)
- What the hell, Polly? (2021/04/05)
- Easter, Giant Ferrero Rocher, Sakura, Gardening. (2021/04/04)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 15:54 on 2021/04/20.
© 2016 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.