Where you might find an ARM
m (Added category.)
Revision as of 18:50, 28 August 2011
Look at your mobile phone.
Or your iPod.
Perhaps even your router.
Maybe your printer, if it is a newer model.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of applications of the ARM processor:
- Amazon Kindle
- Android smartphones - most of them
- Apple's iPod, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- Canon EOS digital cameras (such as 5D Mark II, Powershot A470...)
- D-Link Wireless ADSL router
- Featurephones - many, such as the Nokia range
- Gameboy Advance
- Harddisc control systems
- Intelligent/graphing calculators
- Internet radios
- Lego Mindstorms NXT
- NAS boxes
- Nintendo DS/DSi/3DS
- Numerous car automation/engine management systems
- Personal digital video recorders (PVRs)
- Psion series 5 (and later)
- Roomba robot vacuum cleaner
- SEGA Dreamcast audio controller
- TomTom (etc) GPS navigation devices
There are, additionally, numerous applications where the ARM is used in a microcontroller environment that we are not so aware of. If you can add to this list, please do...